Clean sweep for NSW in RP Data top 10 sales as Double Bay sale reflects 22% price decline
A Double Bay mansion sold at auction for $3.1 million in the nation's top sale for the week, but the sale price reflected a 22% price decline on its peak prior price.
Its latest price reflected a 4% loss annually since it sold in boomtime 2007, and an 8% annual deterioration over the past 20 months.
The Court Road property was sold by Shelley Griffin, the wife of the late Allco executive Phil Griffin, who is moving to Woollahra where she recently purchased a heavily discounted $5 million Gothic mansion.
The two-storey Double Bay home sits on 429 square metre block with a 7-metre lap pool. It last sold at $3.62 million in 2011 and at $4 million in 2007.
The agents were quoting $3 million plus with five bidders having registered on auction day. Three bidders took part in the auction after bidding opened at $2.8 million.
The sale was conducted by McGrath agents Peter Starr and Bernadette Berlyn in conjunction with Sotheby's International Realty.
Given the absence of prestige auction listings in Melbourne due to the cup racing carnival, every property in the top 10 this week was in Sydney.
1. 7 COURT Road, Double Bay, NSW, 2028, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $3.1 million
2. 7 DELMAR Parade, Gladesville, NSW, 2111, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by Ray White Gladesville for $2.93 million
3. 3 MITCHELL Street, Greenwich, NSW, 2065, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by Century 21 Blunts for $2.675 million
4. 21 WOONONA Road, Northbridge, NSW, 2063, five-bedroom house, sold prior to auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $2.45 million
5. 45 GREVILLE Street, Clovelly, NSW, 2031, three-bedroom house, sold on October 30 by Goodyer Donnelley Real Estate Woollahra for $2.3 million
6. 154 ARDEN Street, Coogee, NSW, 2034, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $2.2 million
7. 16 BRIGHTON Street, Freshwater, NSW, 2096, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $2.13 million
8. 96 CRESCENT Road, Newport, NSW, 2106, four-bedroom house, sold on October 30 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1.79 million
9. 2 CARLISLE Street, Tamarama, NSW, 2026, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1.76 million
10. 175 MILITARY Road, Dover Heights, NSW, 2030, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on November 3 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1.752 million
The best of everything at Portside Wharf
The Mark at Sydney's Central Park
Meanwhile, Mike Quigley, boss of the federal government's National Broadband Network, has also sold his Mosman mansion recently at $3,555,000. It represented a loss on the $3.6 million paid in 2007.
Brought to you by: Caydon
Atria Apartments in Hawthorn offers buyers an opportunity to invest in one of Melbourne’s finest suburbs.
Texan billioniare Jim Clark and model Kristy Hintze list Point Piper harbourfront bolthole: Title Tattle