Four of top 10 sales of the week above $4 million: RP Data
The top four most expensive home sales this week were all over the $4 million mark, according to RP Data.
Views were no doubt a factor for the buyer of number-one property 76/3 Macquarie Street in Bennelong, this week’s most expensive sale. The three-bedroom 202-square-metre harbourfront has panoramic views across Sydney Harbour, including picture postcard vistas of the Opera House, city, Harbour Bridge and Botanic Gardens.
It was sold by Savills agent Anthony Flood in conjunction with The Barron & Dowling Property Group Double Bay agent Kate Dowling.
The week’s top sales were roughly evenly split between New South Wales and Victoria, with NSW properties appearing on the list four times and Victoria represented five times. The ninth property was a stately Northern Territory five-bedroom home with views over Fannie Bay.
1. 76/3 MACQUARIE STREET, SYDNEY, NSW, 2000, three-bedroom unit, sold on May 9 by Savills Sydney for $4.9 million
2. 50 FELLOWS STREET, KEW, VIC, 3101, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 12 by Jellis Craig Real Estate Hawthorn for $4.4 million
3. 162 MONT ALBERT ROAD, CANTERBURY, VIC, 3126, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 12 by Kay & Burton Real Estate Hawthorn for $4,166,000
4. 6 FITZGERALD STREET, BALWYN, VIC, 3103, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 12 by Jellis Craig Real Estate Hawthorn for $4,025,000
5. 4/44 MONA ROAD, DARLING POINT, NSW, 2027, three-bedroom unit, sold at auction by 1st City Hasemer + Caldwell Eyles for $3.7 million
6. 15A WOLLOMBI ROAD, NORTHBRIDGE, NSW, 2063, four-bedroom house, sold on May 9 by Birch Lang and Company Surry Hills for $2.7 million
7. 17 NORTH TERRACE, CLIFTON HILL, VIC, 3068, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 12 by Jellis Craig Real Estate Clifton Hill for $2.52 million
8. 66 HUNTER STREET, STRATHFIELD, NSW, 2135, five-bedroom house, sold at auction by George Ellis & Co Real Estate for $2.35 million
9. 74 EAST POINT ROAD, FANNIE BAY, NT, 0820, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 12 by Colliers International Darwin for $2.25 million
10. 367 DANKS STREET, MIDDLE PARK, VIC, 3206, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on May 13 by Greg Hocking Real Estate for $2.25 million
The best of everything at Portside Wharf
The Mark at Sydney's Central Park
Despite boom and bust cycle, real estate industry maintains myth that prices always rise: Catherine Cashmore
The recovery we’re currently seeing is largely led by the investment sector – with an equal perception that values will maintain their upward trajectory.
Brought to you by: Caydon
Atria Apartments in Hawthorn offers buyers an opportunity to invest in one of Melbourne’s finest suburbs.