Toorak tops RP Data priciest 10 sales of the week
Toorak topped the week's sales with the priciest two home sales.
It was a charming house on Grant Avenue that sold after auction for $4.41 million (pictured above) that narrowly beat a fiercely fought auction on Scotsburn Grove (pictured below), which sold for $4.22 million.
The Georgian-style house on Grant Avenue sold in post-auction negotiations through RT Edgar.
The nine-room house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms set on an 873-square-metre garden block with small kidney-shaped pool.
On Scotsburn Grove it was the fifth bidder into the fray at $4.1 million who eventually secured the offering, reported James Buyer Advocates' report on the Marshall White auction.
""In Balwyn, this type of home would be seen as just liveable," buyers' agent Mal James noted pre-auction.
"In Bayside they'd bulldoze.
"But in Toorak these sorts of homes seem to be kept, and renovated sympathetically."
1. 5 Grant Avenue, Toorak, VIC, 3142, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by R T Edgar for $4.41 million
2. 9 Scotsburn Grove, Toorak, VIC, 3142, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by Marshall White & Co for $4.22 million
3. 38 Kardinia Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by McGrath Estate Agents for $3.47 million
4. 10 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, NSW, 2030, six-bedroom house, sold prior to auction on September 15 by Belle Property Double Bay for $3.05 million
5. 13 The Redoubt, Castlecrag, NSW, 2068, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 12 by Richardson & Wrench Northbridge/Castlecrag for $3.01 million
6. 1/10 Black Street, Brighton, VIC, 3186, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by Marshall White & Co for $2.73 million
7. 51 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra, NSW, 2025, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 11 by Bradfield Cleary Real Estate for $2.6 million
8. 5 Milner Street, Mosman, NSW, 2088, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by Richardson & Wrench Mosman/Neutral Bay for $2.475 million
9. 1 Foote Street, Brighton, VIC, 3186, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on September 15 by Kay & Burton Brighton for $2.33 million
10. 51 York Road, Queens Park, NSW, 2022, four-bedroom house, sold on September 11 by Black Lifestyle Property Randwick for $2.31 million
The best of everything at Portside Wharf
The Mark at Sydney's Central Park
Before you buy a property in a development with an owners' corporation, it’s essential to understand your potential financial liabilities and other responsibilities as a member.
Brought to you by: Caydon
Atria Apartments in Hawthorn offers buyers an opportunity to invest in one of Melbourne’s finest suburbs.