With exception of $5.1 million Queensland property, no other $3 million-plus sales this week: RP Data
The top-end market was again somewhat subdued this week, with the exception of six-bedroom house in Bulimba, Queensland, that sold for $5.1 million. The Queen’s birthday long weekend may have deterred vendors of top-end property, as auction volumes and clearance rates were down across the country this week.
The 850-square-metre house at the top of the list last sold in 2007 for $2.85 million. Agent Sarah Hackett from Place Estate Agents says the house “exudes elegant simplicity in every aspect of its stunning design”. The riverfront home has 3.5-metre ceilings and, in good Queensland fashion, outdoor living has been catered for with outdoor heating and a built-in barbecue.
The next highest price achieved this week was $2,355,000 for a four-bedroom house in the Sydney suburb of Kensington. Only three of the top 10 sales of the week cracked $2 million.
Nine of the top 10 highest sales of the week were in New South Wales, with no Melbourne sales above $1,425,000.
1. 23 Waterline Crescent, Bulimba, Queensland, 4171, six-bedroom house, sold at auction on June 7 by Place Estate Agents-Bulimba for $5.1 million
2. 22 Virginia Street, Kensington, NSW, 2033, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on June 5 by Bradfield Cleary Real Estate for $2,355,000
3. 22 Beresford Road, Rose Bay, NSW, 2029, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on June 9 by McGrath Estate Agents for $2.21 million
4. 12 Chuter Street, McMahons Point, NSW, 2060, four-bedroom house, sold on June 5 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1.8 million
5. 3 Lentara Road, Bayview, NSW, 2104, four-bedroom house, sold before auction on June 9 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1.76 million
6. 5/412 Edgecliff Road, Woollahra, NSW, 2025, three-bedroom unit, sold at auction on June 9 by McGrath Estate Agents for $1,625,000
7. 61 Stafford Street, Paddington, NSW, 2021, three-bedroom house, sold on June 6 by Di Jones Real Estate for $1,550,000
8. 36 Langlee Avenue, Waverley, NSW, 2024, four-bedroom house, sold before auction on June 6 by Di Jones Real Estate for $1.53 million
9. 16/3 Wulumay Close, Rozelle, NSW, 2039, three-bedroom unit, sold on June 7 by Realty International Balmain for $1,465,000
10. 3 Leonard Avenue, Kingsford, NSW, 2032, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on June 9 by N G Farah for $1,425,000
The Mark at Sydney's Central Park
The best of everything at Portside Wharf
New data confirms two things we’ve been tipping: the decline of Gladstone and the rise of Rockhampton.