Toorak townhouse sells for $5.5 million – the week's highest sale: RP Data
With Ferraris and Lamborghinis lining the street –according to James buyers' advocate Kate Agnoleto – there was a feeling of excitement and anticipation in the air leading up to the onsite auction.
And its RT Edgar listing agent Jeremy Fox wasn't disappointed after selling the Toorak townhouse at weekend auction for $5.5 million.
There were three bidders at the auction of the brand-new Nicholas Day-designed property on Cole Court.
"It's positive for the market. We haven't seen a lot of that for a while," Fox told Fairfax Media.
The bidding on the townhouse kicked off at $5 million, and it had a reserve price of $5.4 million.
The three-bedroom townhouse with study and pool is set on a 560 square metre holding in a cul-de-sac off Irving Road.
It came with interiors by David Hicks with extensive use of Italian Calacatta marble and American oak parquetry.
“Blue-chip real estate with the wow factor – it doesn’t get much better than this,” auctioneer Jeremy Fox noted in his preamble.
This week's top 10 sales:
1. 13 Cole Court, Toorak, VIC, 3142, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 11 by R T Edgar Real Estate Toorak for $5.5 million
2. 60 Willoughby Street, Kirribilli, NSW, 2061, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 9 by Ray White Lower North Shore for $4.5 million
3. 90 Barker Road, Strathfield, NSW, 2135, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 11 by Georges Ellis & Co for $2.96 million
4. 17 Victoria Crescent, Mont Albert, VIC, 3127, three-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 11 by Jellis Craig for $2.81 million
5. 6B/3 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, NSW, 2026, three-bedroom unit, sold prior to auction on August 11 by Goodyer Donnelley for $2.57 million
6. 3/61 Well Street, Brighton, VIC, 3186, three-bedroom unit, sold at auction on August 11 by Hocking Stuart Brighton for $2.525 million
7. 26 Parslow Street, Malvern, VIC, 3144, four-bedroom house, sold prior to auction on August 11 by Marshall White Albert Park for $2.3 million
8. 75 Roslyn Street, Brighton, VIC, 3186, five-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 11 by Hodges for $2.3 million
9. 2 Crossakiel Court, Hawthorn, VIC, 5062, four-bedroom house, sold at auction on August 11 by Kay & Burton Hawthorn for $2.125 million
10. 19 Garden Avenue, Brighton East, VIC, 3187, four-bedroom house, sold prior to auction on August 8 by Biggin & Scott for $2 million
The Mark at Sydney's Central Park
Much has been spoken about the global property market and that our market will ultimately follow a similar fate and I am always at pains to point out not all property is created equal.
Brought to you by: Caydon
Atria Apartments in Hawthorn offers buyers an opportunity to invest in one of Melbourne’s finest suburbs.
Termites help House Rules knock The Block Sky High off its renovation ratings pedestal for the first time